The objective of the Higher Education and Research Committee is to advance, support and promote the Higher Education and Research sector, for the benefit of the sector in both Ireland and Britain, in furtherance of our goals as follows;
- To maintain Ireland and Britain’s place as one of the most hospitable regions in the world for Higher Education and Research.
- In the light of the ‘leave’ vote following on from the UK Referendum on EU Membership, to identify the key policy issues that are impacting and will continue to impact on the sector.
- To engage with the Chambers key stakeholders across the two islands from relevant agencies and government departments, regulators, students and industry at large, to advance the views of our committee members in influencing policy, improving quality, enhancing collaboration and assisting our members expand their network.
- To improve the Chamber’s capacity to engage with the wider Higher Education and Research sector.
- To advise the Chamber on the formulation of policy at an Irish, British and EU level.
The Chair of this Committee is Daire Keogh, DCU.
- Daire Keogh, DCU
- Brian O’Neill, DIT
- Malcolm Byrne, HEA
- Cathal O’Donoghue, NUIG
- Joanne/Paul Hession, QED The Accreditation Experts (SME Nominee)
- Darrin Morrissey, Science Foundation Ireland
- Diarmuid O’Brien, TCD
- Anita Maguire, UCC
- Triona McCormack, UCD
- Barry Quinn, University of Ulster
If you would like to find out more about the Higher Education and Research Committee or if you would like to get involved in the committee’s activities, please contact Paul.firstname.lastname@example.org