The Chamber established an Agriculture & Food (Agri-Food) Committee to provide a forum for open debate and discussion on the issues facing the food and agribusiness sectors in Ireland and the UK, in particular the shared issues facing the British Irish space.
The aims of the Committee are:
- To help members protect, sustain and grow Agri-Food trade within both islands (GB and Ireland).
- To help members find ways to work together across both markets to grow business in the Agri-Food space outside of these islands.
- To help promote training, research, science and innovation in the Agri-Food space for the benefit of members.
- To grow the Agri-Food membership within the Chamber (and thus help drive the first objectives further)
The Chair of the Agriculture & Food Committee is Maree Gallagher, Maree Gallagher Associates. Maree is working with a number of key members in the sector to increase the scope and power of the committee. If you are in the sector and would like to contribute to the food and agribusiness debate, to be an influence in this sector, then this committee is for you.
- George Mullan, ABP Ireland
- Joe Barratt, Applegreen
- Peter Ferris, Barclay’s Bank Ireland
- Carol Lynch, BDO
- Padraig Brennan, Bord Bia
- Shane Hamill, Bord Bia
- John McGrath, Dawn Farm Foods
- Owen Brennan, Devenish Nutrition
- Shane Kelly, Diageo Ireland
- Ann Duffy, Fyffes plc
- Conor O’Leary, Greencore
- Padraig Ryan, GT
- Brian Ranalow, H&K International
- Charles O’Neill, Irish Thoroughbred Marketing
- William Keeling, Keelings
- Nancy Leonard, KPMG
- Maree Gallagher, Maree Gallagher Associates
- Eilis Quinlan, Quinlan Accountants (SME Nominee)
- Cliodhna McDonough, Stephenson Harwood
- Andrew Yaxley, Tesco
- Theresa Wickham
- Ailish Byrne, Ulster Bank
To read our report on the impact of the UK referendum on the Irish agricultural, food & fisheries sectors, please click here.
To find out more about the Agriculture & Food Committee, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org