The Chamber established an Agriculture & Food (Agri-Food) Committee to provide a forum for open debate and discussion on the issues facing the food and agribusiness sectors in Ireland and the UK, in particular the shared issues facing the British Irish space.
The aims of the Committee are:
- To help members protect, sustain and grow Agri-Food trade within both islands (GB and Ireland).
- To help members find ways to work together across both markets to grow business in the Agri-Food space outside of these islands.
- To help promote training, research, science and innovation in the Agri-Food space for the benefit of members.
- To grow the Agri-Food membership within the Chamber (and thus help drive the first objectives further)
The Chair of the Agriculture & Food Committee is Maree Gallagher, Covington. Maree is working with a number of key members in the sector to increase the scope and power of the committee. If you are in the sector and would like to contribute to the food and agribusiness debate, to be an influence in this sector, then this committee is for you.
Committee Company Members
- ABP Food Group
- Barclays Bank Ireland PLC
- Bord Bia
- Covington & Burling
- Dawn Farm Foods
- Devenish Nutrition
- Diageo Ireland
- Fyffes plc
- Grant Thornton
- Greencore Group plc
- H & K International Ltd.
- PMI Philip Morris International
- Quinlan & Co
- Stephenson Harwood LLP
- Tesco Ireland
- Ulster Bank
- Ulster University
To read our report on the impact of the UK referendum on the Irish agricultural, food & fisheries sectors, please click here.
To find out more about the Agriculture & Food Committee, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org