The aim of the Energy Policy Subcommittee is to:
- Provide a forum for open debate and discussion on Energy Policy issues as they impact the availability and utilisation of energy supplies to the United Kingdom and Ireland. It considers the needs of energy market participants to achieve a return on investment and the need for secure, sustainable and competitive supplies.
- Develop policy positions, for the approval of the British Irish Chamber Policy Committee, in relation to the operation and development of the energy sector within and between UK and Ireland, to the extent that they impact on both sides of the Irish Sea.
Specific areas where the EPS will develop positions include:
- Seek approval for Policy positions at the British Irish Chamber Policy Committee
- Advocate policy positions through Political, Regulatory and Industry Stakeholders though a mix of Position Papers, Engagement with other Representative Bodies, High Profile Energy Events and other actions.
- Respond to the challenges faced by the sector in a British Irish context.
The current Chair of the Energy Policy Subcommittee is Mark Varian of Eversheds-Sutherland
Brian Britton Oriel Wind
Niamh Buckley – Brookfield Renewabl
Gillian Kinsella- Bord Gais
Rodney Doyle -Eirgrid
Brian Hyland – RSM
Catherine Joyce O’Caollai – Indaver
Valerie Lawlor- McCann FitzGerald
Deborah Meghen- Coillte
Paul O’Brien – KPMG
Philip O’Donnell -Eirgrid
Peter O’Shea – ESB
Henry Smyth – Ervia
Barry Wadding – Lightsource
Errol Close – SSE Artricity
Elizabeth Swanwick – SSE Artricity
If you would like to find out more about the Energy Policy Subcommittee or if you would like to get involved in the Chamber’s Energy Policy activities, please contact Paul.email@example.com