The aim of the Energy and Environment Committee is to:
- Provide a forum for open debate and discussion on Energy Policy issues as they impact the availability and utilisation of energy supplies to the United Kingdom and Ireland. It considers the needs of energy market participants to achieve a return on investment and the need for secure, sustainable and competitive supplies.
- Develop policy positions, for the approval of the British Irish Chamber Policy Committee, in relation to the operation and development of the energy sector within and between UK and Ireland, to the extent that they impact on both sides of the Irish Sea.
Specific areas the Energy and Environment Committee will develop include:
- Seeking approval for Policy positions at the British Irish Chamber Policy Committee
- Advocating policy positions through Political, Regulatory and Industry Stakeholders though a mix of Position Papers, Engagement with other Representative Bodies, High Profile Energy Events and other actions.
- Responding to the challenges faced by the sector in a British Irish context.
The current Chair of the Energy & Environment Committee is Mark Varian, Eversheds-Sutherland.
- Bord Gais Energy Ltd
- Brookfield Renewable
- Eversheds Sutherland
- Geoscience Ireland
- Indaver Ireland
- Lightsource Renewable Energy Ltd
- McCann FitzGerald Solicitors
- SSE Renewable Holdings Ltd
- Vayu Limited T/A Vayu Energy
If you would like to find out more about the Energy and Environment Committee or if you would like to get involved in the Chamber’s Energy and Environment Policy activities, please contact Paul.email@example.com
To view our report on High Level Principles for the British Irish Energy Sector Post Brexit, please click here.
To view our report on Revisiting Energy Policy in Great Britain and the island of Ireland, please click here.